Monday, June 26, 2017

Wavin' the White Flag

I am updating my blog after a long time. If you are on this page, I would sincerely like to thank you for taking time to go through it and I promise to write one piece a week.

Today is June 27th. Last year I was so happy on this particular day and I had also decided I would celebrate my birthday on this date henceforth but my friends had the celebration done on my actual birthday months before. One of the reasons I didn’t want to celebrate on my actual date was because I cried for three consecutive birthdays and decided that date wasn’t meant for me.

Anyway, I am not here to write about my birthdays and stuffs. As you can see, the title of this article is “Wavin’ the white Flag” so I am here to write something about it.

When I was in 7th standard, Dido and her song White Flag was my favorite. Since we didn’t have technologies like today, I remember me and my friends had written down the lyrics and memorized for months until we were close to perfect. Our teachers always recommended books or songs to improve our vocabulary back then and this song did good to me. I knew thereafter what white flag meant.

The phrase ‘Wavin’ the white flag’ and I have a very serious relationship. It’s very intense. I just hope I never have to encounter this. Never.

How would you feel if the other person use some fancy phrase and tells you to Google for its meaning? Or worst what if the other person is someone very close to you?. It occurred to me.

It’s been months after this incident but I still feel a sharp pain in my stomach whenever I think about it. Not because I felt insulted but because he was supposed to be the very person who had known me as a person who questioned a lot if I was in doubt and didn’t think for a second that he would make me feel very very low.

My journey in letting go started from there, I guess. When I take alone time to think about why I shouldn’t be that pathetic faithful girlfriend, my mind synchronize all the bad memories and this particular memory stands first.




No comments:

Post a Comment